Star Wars

We saw Star Wars Episode 8 today.  It was fun!  I know a lot of old school fans weren't tremendously happy with the direction taken, but I'm pretty excited.  I think the Star Wars universe is headed in a great direction. 

We did have some early excitement at the theater.  We'd gotten tickets for a 9AM showing, and of course we were early, because we are always early (we prefer not to be rushed).  About 8:30, it appeared doors were open, so we headed for them.

A worker told us we'd have to wait outside because they were not yet open, then invited in a person who'd been sitting outside the theater.

I was curious and asked, "Is she an employee here?"
Worker:  "No."
Me:  "What is the difference between her and my family?"
Worker:  "She's been waiting outside in the cold."
Me:  "We are waiting outside in the cold."
Bubbles:  "It's 32 degrees out here."  (Note:  It really was 32 degrees.  I'd checked because earlier Bubbles had said that it wasn't freezing and I said, "Well, actually..." because I'm that nerdy).

The employee went inside to check and then invited us to come into the waiting area. As we came in I reminded her, "If you enforce your policies selectively, you can be sued for discrimination."

Ellie was a bit shocked that I was, as she put it, "Hardcore."  I didn't feel that way.  I just don't like discrimination no matter who directs it against whom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There once was a blog

Massive Head Wound (warning - bloody pictures)

Quiet Sunday